Textbook Rental Agreement
Textbooks are rented on a per-semester basis. Whether rented from our website or in-store, the following rental agreement must be entered into:
- I am at least 18 years of age.
- I am entering this Textbook Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) with the USU Campus Store of my own free will.
- I understand that the materials rented to me remain the property of the USU Campus Store while in my possession.
- I agree to rent the book(s) listed on the cash register receipt for a single payment of the rental fee listed and return the same book(s) in clean, lightly marked, and fully reusable condition on or before the rental return due date*.
- I am responsible for the condition of the materials rented. I bear full responsibility for the return of the rented materials in sellable condition and for the payment of damage fees and/or unreturned fees if the rented materials are lost, stolen, or returned in unsellable condition. Unsellable condition includes damages incurred to the rented materials as determined by USU Campus Store staff, including but not limited to: torn covers, torn pages, liquid damage (rain, snow, coffee, juice, etc.), fire (scorched), chemical spills, or tooth marks (rodent, pets, etc.). Limited highlighting and writing in the rented textbook is permitted.
- I will return the rented materials to the USU Campus Store on or before the rental return date. The USU Campus Store is not responsible for reminding me of the return date and is not responsible for returns shipped to the store via carrier.
- If I am late or if I fail to return the materials by the rental return date, I understand that the unreturned fee, as listed on the agreement, will be charged to my collateral credit card. If collection from the collateral credit card fails, I understand that my student account may be charged the unreturned fee, and/or my academic transcript may be put on hold.
- I understand that I am renting this material for one semester only. If I need the material for future semesters, I must return the book to the USU Campus Store by the deadline and re-rent the book depending on availability.
- I understand that I may choose to purchase a rented book until the return deadline. I will be charged the difference between the new or used retail price and the respective rental fee.
- I understand that my rental fee is non-refundable, for any reason, past the normal return deadline for course materials.
- I understand that the Textbook Return Policy listed here applies to the rental fees for my rented textbooks. After the specified deadlines, the rental fee is non-refundable.